While everyone is out hitting the stores for Black Friday deals you could be hitting the wine trail for the Garden State Wine Growers Association Annual Holiday Wine Trail Weekend. Starting Friday November 25th through Sunday November 27th you can visit wineries across the state for tastings, entertainment and winery tours. Over 40 wineries across the state will participate in the annual event.
Tips for Planning Your Holiday Wine Trail Weekend
- Visit Garden State Wine Growers Association website and find participating wineries that are close to each other. This is also the place to find out what wineries are offering as part of the wine trail weekend.
- Pick a winery that offers food. Whether a food truck or a cheese plate or some light appetizers, drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea.
- Pick a winery that offers entertainment. Wine and food are always better with some music.
- Pace yourself. You don’t need to taste every wine at every winery. You don’t need to rush to see how many wineries you can visit in one day. You don’t need to over do it. Keep it relaxed and fun. Enjoy the atmosphere and if you are having fun stay a little longer.
- Buy a bottle. If there was a wine you really enjoyed buy a bottle and enjoy it at the vineyard.
- Select wineries will be giving away wreaths and ornaments at your first stop, so plan accordingly as these are only available while supplies last.
- If you can spread your fun out throughout the weekend. There are more than enough wineries to fill a day.
- Designate a drive or better yet get an Uber.
- Shop for the holiday. Wine makes a great gift and many of the wineries are offering discounts. Some wineries will also have vendors on site.
- Dress to be outside, many vineyards seating areas are outside.
Jersey Girls Drink Picks For Holiday Wine Trail Weekend
- DiMatteo Vineyards will be having carolers on Friday
- 4JG’s Orchard and Winery will have live piano music and chocolate pairings
- Bellview Winery has acoustic music, fire pits and a 20% discount on cases of Merry Christmas Red and White.
- Four Sisters Winery, the deck will be open and serving sliders, cheese and crackers and paninis.
- Hawk Haven Vineyard and Winery will be offering 15% off 6-11 bottles and 20% off 12 or more bottles.
- Natali Vineyards bring an unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots and receive a free wine tasting.
- Sharrott Winery enjoy live music on the heated and tented patio.
- Southwind Vineyard and Winery will have live music, horse riding and gourmet food trucks.
- Terhune Orchards Vineyard and Winery will have fun for the whole family with barnyard animals, wagon rides and wine tasting.
- Valanzano Winery will have live entertainment and buy 1 case get the 2nd one 50% off.
What wineries do you plan to visit this weekend, let us know my using the #jerseygirlsdrink on Instagram and Twitter.